The Sustainability Fund, made possible by CARES Act funding, is a resiliency grant program, which exists in partnership between the City of Ferndale and the Ferndale Chamber of Commerce. Our aim is to provide eligible businesses with funds necessary to make improvements to their services, due to COVID-19.
Ferndale Chamber of Commerce will assess eligible applications for reimbursement of funds to Ferndale businesses needing to acclimate an alternative business model to sustain indoor and or outdoor operations during fall and winter months due to the restrictions of COVID-19.
The Chamber expects to work with individual businesses to identify areas of need, and address resiliency efforts by supporting the transition to new/improved business models, connecting applicants with resources and technological or construction assistance; and evaluate eligible items for reimbursement from eligible businesses who have already expended funds.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Check your eligibility below
• Complete the online application
• For expenses already incurred, include documentation of all eligible receipts
• For businesses wishing to alter their business model, complete the application and include estimates for seeking preapproval of funds*.
*Please note: The Ferndale Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to adjust award amount based on actuals not exceeding the original preapproval amount if expenses are deemed ineligible.
• Businesses must be currently licensed within the city limits of Ferndale.
• Eligible expenses for reimbursement must be spent within the identified timeframe:
September 1 through November 23, 2020; documentation of expenses required
• If applicants have yet to implement a resiliency plan, applicants will share their plan and anticipated cost associated with implementation to seek for preapproval for reimbursement. Applicants are encouraged to contact the City of Ferndale for any permitting questions.
• Reimbursement for grant dollars shall not exceed $5000 per business.
ELIGIBILE ITEMS (Include but are not limited to):
• Outdoor furniture
• Outdoor lighting
• Any items that support outdoor operations
• Air filters/purifiers
• Construction materials & labor that support altered business models due to COVID restrictions
• Webmaster fees for pivoting to online platforms
• Set up fees for pivoting to online platforms
• October 19th-30th – Accepting Applications
• October 30th – Applications due by 11:59 pm
• November 2nd – Determinations made
• November 3rd – Email response to applicants
• November 3rd-30 – Reimbursements distributed for eligible projects already completed
• November 23rd – Pre-approved project receipts/documentation due for reimbursement
• November 30th – Final disbursements issued
QUESTIONS: Please contact the Ferndale Chamber of Commerce at 360-384-3042 or email firstname.lastname@example.org